March 18, 2020
To our Plasma Donors:
The health and safety of our donors and our employees remain a top priority for Grifols. In addition, people all around the world need plasma-based medicines. Donating now is more important than ever! In fact, the US Department of Homeland Security considers plasma donation to be a “Critical Infrastructure Industry.” That means we need to keep things going so we can continue to manufacture these life-saving medicines,
We understand you might be concerned about the COVID-19 and how we protect ourselves, so we’re taking additional steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 so donors like you can still give plasma.
At Grifols your health is our priority with recent guidance from local, state, and federal authorities around controlling COVID-19 impacts, Grifols network of centers are implementing the following strategies at our locations.
We are adding additional measures to support social distancing and decreasing donor congregation:
- For you, our return donors, every center will take measures to limit the total number of donors and employees in the center at any one time to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- For potential new donors, we are temporarily reducing the number of new donor appointments to reduce their time in the center.
- Donors will be seated every other donation bed or have the equivalent of “every other bed” space between them. Donors in opposing rows will not be seated head to head
- Temporarily reduce the number of available seats in the lobby to assist with social distancing.
- Asking donors to please avoid congregating or waiting outside and inside the building.
- No external visitors and limiting vendors as much possible.
Enhance existing cleaning strategies beyond our routine cleaning and disinfecting of the donor screening areas, donation beds, and equipment throughout the business day and thorough cleaned each evening by professional cleaning vendors.
- Ask donors to use provided alcohol-based hand sanitizer or washing hands with soap and water prior to touching the kiosk, when entering the screening station, and when entering the donor floor.
- Make all efforts to utilize every other kiosk for completing the pre-donation questionnaire and every other donor screening station for screening donors, except when the stations are fully enclosed spaces.
- Donors should sit in chairs while waiting to use kiosk.
- Kiosks and screening booths will be wiped down by a staff member after each donor.
We continue to encourage our team members stay home if they do not feel well and monitor both our employee and donor temperatures. Center team members are also practicing enhanced hand hygiene and social distancing by limiting congregation in employee break areas and offices.
Donating now is more important than ever, but please do not come to the center to donate if you are not feeling well or have a sore throat, fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Please contact the center before coming to the center to donate if you have tested positive for COVID-19, or had close contact with an individual that you know has had a positive test for COVID-19.
We will continue to closely monitor the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and provide further guidance as is communicated from health authorities. At Grifols, the health and safety of our donor and employee family is our top priority.
Thank you for being a Grifols plasma donor. ________________________________________________________________________________
To our valued Donors:
All Biotest Plasma centers are currently operating normal business hours. Continuing our operations is critical to the patients who rely on our life-saving medicines. Now more than ever, we need your donations!
We wanted to reassure you that Biotest has been monitoring the evolving impact of COVID-19. Biotest’s #1 priority is the health and safety of our donors and employees.
Our donor center teams are focused on preventing the spread of COVID-19:
- We measure the temperature of every donor as part of the routine donor screening process.
- We assess every donor for any changes in their health since their last donation.
- Our team members wash their hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Our team members stay home if they do not feel well.
- We routinely clean and disinfect the donor screening areas, donation beds, and equipment throughout the business day.
- Our facilities are thoroughly cleaned each evening by professional cleaning vendors.
In addition to the routine activities listed above, our team members are:
- Providing COVID-19 educational materials to all donors.
- Increasing the frequency of spot cleaning frequently touched objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, faucets, sinks, and tabletops.
- Monitoring the situation and recommendations of public health authorities both nationally and locally.
If you have any questions about donating, please contact center management. If you’re not feeling well or are concerned that you might have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home and contact your healthcare provider.
Thank you for your life-saving donation.
Our new high-tech Centers reduce donation time to get you out fast!
We Are Going Paperless!
No Paper Charts
Shorter Wait Times
- Faster Check-In Process
BIOTEST PLASMA CENTER ATHENS-ATLANTA HIGHWAY IS NOW OPEN!
Biotest Plasma Center
3190 Atlanta Highway
Athens, Georgia 30606
Monday-Friday: 7am to 7pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed